Design, support, and implement Advanced Process Control systems – Aspen based systems and others.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for maintenance and changes to models and APC controllers on existing systems.
- Evaluate new opportunities for APC systems.
- Responsible for justification, procurement, licensing, design, testing, and implementation of new APC systems.
- Work with control engineers to interface APC systems to DCS’s and PLC’s.
- Work with Lab and IT personnel to maintain interfaces between APC and LIMS (Laboratory Information) systems.
- Provide and/or arrange training for operators and process engineers related to APC systems.
- Facilitate and encourage usage of installed APC systems.
- Assist in setting up reports related to APC usage.
- Provide technical support for Aspen IP21 historians and their communications both internally and externally to third parties.
- Assist/Support process simulation systems used for operator training.
- Assist/Support simulation software used by process and production engineers (PIMS, SPYRO).
- Lead evaluations of new optimization technologies and software to include economic benefit analyses.
- Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
- Perform duties in a manner that protects personal safety as well as the safety of others. Promptly report Safety, Health or Environmental issues or incidents to management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in process control and process simulation
- Good computer programming and software application skills such as Visual Basic, MS Excel, and SQL.
The qualified candidate should have one of the following:
- B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering and at least 8 years of full time work in a refinery, chemical, or petrochemical plant. Years of experience will be taken into consideration for qualified candidates during the selection process. The classification, title and salary grade for this position will be set based on candidate selected.